IMPORTANT NEWS AND REMINDERS FROM THE NURSE'S OFFICE!
Our school nurse, Mrs. Cook, an employee of the Conewago Valley School District, visits Sacred Heart School on Mondays each week to update health records, perform important screenings, and care for our students. Mrs. Cook has the following reminders for our families:
- If your child was given permission in the past to receive fluoride at the school, please be advised that the Conewago Valley School District will no longer be providing this service to any of the students in the district.
- All 7th grade students need documentation of current Tdap and meningitis vaccines. This new requirement began with the 2011-2012 school year. Please forward any updates to the schoolnurse. All students are required to have 2 varicella vaccines (chickenpox vaccines) in all grades.
- Dental reports are required for all students in Kindergarten, 3rd, and 7th grades. All new out-of-state students must also have documentation of a recent dental exam.
- Physicals are required for all Kindergarten and 6th grade students. As with dental exams, all new out-of-state students must also have received physicals.
- Kindergarten paperwork was due by August 1, 2013. If you have not already done so, please forward this information to Mrs. cook as soon as possible. Please contact Mrs. Cook at the school office should you have any questions.
- As a matter of school and district policy, all students requiring medication (inhalers, insulin, Epipens, oral medications, etc.) during the school day must have a note from school signed by their physician and parent in order to have the medication administered at school. The note must be returned to school with the proper signatures and be accompanied by a detailed action plan describing how and when the medication should be taken at school.
SACRED HEART of JESUS SCHOOL
55 Basilica Drive
Hanover, PA 17331
School Office Hours:
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Monday - Friday
Ms. Dianne Giampietro, Principal
Mrs. Sue Poist, Secretary
FUNDING FACTORY: AN EASY WAY TO HELP OUR SCHOOL!
Don't throw out those old digitial cameras, cell phones or empty ink & toner cartridges! Send them into school and we earn credit for every item we recycle. Every qualifying item you send in has a cash value that's credited to our online account. Also important is the knowledge that everything you send to FundingFactory is responsibly recycled or remanufactured. Please call the school office if you have any questions.